Reports to: Care Manager
Summary of role:
Responsible for implementing field based quality control systems and providing support to all Care & Support Workers within a defined area.
Field Care Supervisors are responsible for the efficient running of their own specific, defined areas and should vary their hours of work in order to effectively monitor and support all Care & Support Workers and Customers.
Field Care Supervisors should spend approximately 95% of their working week in the field with the remaining 5% being spent in the office in order to complete the necessary administrative duties.
|The table indicates the method by which the skills/knowledge/level of competence in each area will be assessed.||ESSENTIAL CRITERIA||DESIRABLE CRITERIA||ASSESSMENT METHOD|
|Application Form||Interview||Assessment Centre||Other|
|Education and Qualifications|
|Skills and Abilities|
Motivated to work towards creating a safe, open and trusting environment
Awareness of the issues around working with vulnerable adults and the boundaries of professional relationships
Being prepared to work flexibly to meet the needs of customers and the organisation
To be discussed at interview stage.
Competittive hourly wage as well as enhanced rate for weekends and Bank holidays.
- To carry out Individual Needs Assessments for new and potential Customers.
- To conduct Risk Assessments as part of the Individual Needs Assessment and update these as required as part of the individual’s risk management.
- To carry out introductory visits every time a Care & Support Worker visits a Customer for the first time.
- To ensure all Customer visits are always covered.
- To be on-call in case of emergency.
- To liaise closely with Care Coordinators regarding recruitment, permanent allocation of Care & Support Workers and the writing of Care & Support Agreements.
- To identify suitable Care & Support Workers to cover for any absences, this may be due to sickness or holiday.
- To allocate suitable alternative Care & Support Workers when an existing Care & Support Worker notifies that they are unable to attend a call.
- To facilitate the practical induction of all new Care & Support Workers.
- To provide and facilitate in-field training as and when appropriate.
- To identify any additional training needs of Care & Support Workers and report accordingly.
- To conduct Customer reviews and respond to Individual Review Forms completed by Care & Support Workers as soon as possible.
- To urgently report any changes in a Care & Support Worker’s or Customer’s schedule to the Care Coordinator.
- To monitor, supervise and mentor all Care & Support Workers in the field.
- To provide support to all Care & Support Workers in the field.
- To monitor all Customers for service and Care & Support Worker satisfaction.
- To ensure accuracy and completeness of all documentation held in Customers homes.
- To encourage and identify opportunities for Care & Support Workers continuing professional development.
- To ensure that all written reports and administration is up to date.
- To maintain close liaison with both the Care Manager and Care Coordinator.